How it works?
The process of sending and receiving Postcard are carried out though the following stages:
1. Sign-up and become a verified member. (after signing Up an Email will be send to you to Verify your email, click on the link in the email you will be redirected back to the website where you can now complete you Profile)
Notice: To anyone who would like to become a Member of PostcardUnited, we advise you to NOT use email address with extension @hotmail.com, @msn.com, @live.com and @aol.com to Sign-up for an Account.
The reason is because PostcardUnited Members with those emails are NOT receiving corresponding emails sent from PostcardUnited.com such as verification and notification emails.
PostcardUnited.com has tried to get this feature sorted, but was unsuccessful at all attempts. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
2. Request an Address with a Postcard ID from a random member by clicking on the Send a Postcard link.
The Postcard ID will be an alpha-3 code. An alpha-3 codes are three-letter country codes, defined in ISO 3166-1,part of the ISO 3166 standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) to represent countries, dependent territories, and special areas of geographical interest.
3. Write a real Postcard to the Address you received and include on the Postcard the ID and mail it.
4. When the real Postcard arrives to the member you had selected and that member login and register your postcard using the postcard ID, then and only then will your name and address be available for a random member to send you a postcard.
5. Register the postcards you receive from other members by using the Postcard ID (this should be written somewhere on the Postcard) by click on the Register a Postcard link in your profile.
Only when a postcard that you (member) have sent out is registered by the receiving member, then and only then will your address be given out to a random member to receive a postcard in return.
6. As you continue to send postcards and they are register by the members receiving it, the more postcards you will receive from other members in your Mailbox.
When you sign up and become a verify member you will become an Active member immediately.You can start sending out postcard by requesting an address immediately.
When you have requested an address you will receive a random member’s name, address and a Postcard ID from different parts of the World. You are then required to write-up a real postcard, address the postcard and write the Postcard ID on the postcard, and then mail the Postcard via the Postal Service.
When the random member receives the postcard that you have mailed to them, they are required to login and register that Postcard using the Postcard ID.
You are allowed to send out between one (1) to seven (7) Postcards as a new member. As soon as you request to Send a Postcard, you will receive a random member address and a Postcard ID. You are then required to mail a Postcard to that member. When that member receives your postcard and registers it, then and only then will you be eligible to receive a postcard from a random member.
Hence, if you send seven (7) Postcards and they get register you will have seven (7) postcards travelling to you.
This simply means if you request and send out your postcard and it gets register, you will have a postcard travelling to you in return.
When any member receives the Postcard you have mailed to them and they login and register that Postcard using the Postcard ID, your Send A Postcard will be replenish, and you will be eligible to send an additional Postcard.
Have fun guys and Enjoy and have fun PostcardUniting.